Thursday 2 July 2015

Weight Loss - Month One

Its now July! I swear 2015 is flying by us so super quickly!

Today I'm posting about my first month of living healthy and my weight loss progress. As said before, not everyone has to be wanting to lose weight to live healthily, it may be that you just decide you want to - however for me I want to lose weight, as I'm not, personally feeling healthy at the weight I'm currently at.

HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST?
In my first 4 weeks of living healthy and increased exercise I've lost 7lbs/half a stone. 

WHAT HAS HELPED YOU?
Using my MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun Apps - they help to keep me focused and make sure I don't lose track or focus. I also have a few friends on these apps who track my progress, who help to motivate me even more to carry on.

WHAT DID YOU CHANGE?
Well for the first month I obviously changed a lot - I'm now choosing lower calorie options which are healthier. I'm trying to avoid eating processed foods other then Quorn products also.

ARE YOU HAPPY?
I'm very happy with my progress so far - I've started running (I have a post with all the details coming up next week!) and I've obviously lost half a stone which is nothing to be upset about for me.

WHAT'S BEEN HARDEST?
Not having the same meals as my family. For instance, my whole family were talking about having a takeaway as a treat - I obviously said no, for obvious reasons. I suppose for me the real is struggle is having support from my family. My mum is on a Weight Watchers diet, but I find she has a tendency to not weigh everything out, she's more of a "chuck it in the pan and it looks about right" amount sort of person; which is frustrating for me when I'm trying to be so careful and not go over my allotted calories.

HOW WAS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS DISTRIBUTED THROUGHOUT THE MONTH?
Week One - 3lbs
Week Two - Stayed the Same
Week Three - 2lbs
Week Four 2lbs
And we are now officially in month two of my plan - honestly, I think this month may be a bit more of a struggle - I think I'm over the 'honeymoon' period of the diet and this is when its tough and a lot of people give up; which I'm determined not to do due to my success so far.

July will be a tough month for me as I have my 20th Birthday upcoming on the 12th - so we will have to see how we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment